Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cars in Prospect Park

If you haven't already seen, check out the latest on the move to restrict cars in Prospect Park (the idea that cars can drive in a park seems contradictory.)

I'm sympathetic to people who have to negotiate that part of Brooklyn by car - the few times I've driven there, I'll readily concede that it's a mess. But weighed against the greater good -- it's a park, people!, and residents of all ages use it -- I'm thinking that less cars, not more, is a good thing.

Huge caveat, I don't live in the areas around the park that would see an increase in traffic because of any changes to Prospect Park traffic. But maybe there's an alternative out there.

Anyone who lives in the potentially affected areas *and* runs/walks in the Park want to weigh in?

No comments: