Saturday, January 29, 2011

Run Three in Brooklyn in February

While running endless loops in Prospect Park today, I was told by one of my friends that she doesn't like leaving Brooklyn for races (she does, of course, but I agree - the early morning adventures on the subway are just another added stress.

Thankfully, we can put three (and there may be more) races on the calendar for February. The one downside is that they are all in Prospect Park, where many of us are finding solace after the storms.

*Valentine's Day 5K, Feb. 13 (Brooklyn Road Runners)

*Cherry Tree 10-Mile/Relay, Feb. 20 (Prospect Park Track Club)

*Al Gordon 4 Mile Race, Feb. 26 (NYRR)

And if you don't run - I guarantee all three are looking for volunteers!

No prize for running all three, but I bet you see a lot of the same people out there.

No comments: