Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dolan Run: Quick Thoughts

No official results yet, though they'll be here when they are posted; beautiful, muggy day for a race (guessing they hit at least 6oo finishers, before taking into account the kiddie races - good-sized lines at the late registration booth).

Several of my heat-loving friends hit PRs (giving credence to the "downhill start is faster" argument); I got crushed by the hill at mile 2. And the heat (which I'm really not ready for.) Thankfully the temps have dropped 10 degrees as I write this.

One of the great things about the Dolan Run: it's organized by people who know what they're doing. It's not flashy. It's got a great post-race feed (which sadly I had to miss). It has a T-shirt. It doesn't promise a lot, and it delivers on what it does promise. I love the fact that I see runners from all walks of life - old, young, fast, slow, having a blast.

Great local race (of which there are many in Brooklyn).

No comments: