Sunday, June 1, 2008

Staten Island Half Schedule Change?

Again, this may have happened a while ago, though I'm just noticing this now. Was planning my fall race schedule and happened to go to the NYRR Calendar site to reconfirm the date of the Staten Island Half.

Lo and behold, the date has been moved and, rather than the weekend of Sept. 14, it's now the weekend of Oct. 12 (where it has usually been run). The Queens Half, which was tentatively on the schedule for August, isn't on the schedule right now.

Right now, that means it's the same weekend as the Westchester Half and Marathon, the Hartford Marathon and the Albany Marathon, giving runners plenty of options.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I e-mailed NYRR to see if they even had a tentative date for Queens, because I want to do all five and am willing to schedule my vacation around it. They wouldn't even tell me what month they were targeting! This is my first year doing the series - is it always so disorganized? It seems like if they're going to offer a series where runners will want to "collect them all," they should nail down the dates ahead of time.