Thursday, May 22, 2008

Running Brooklyn's Streets

There was a blog, Runs Brooklyn/Brooklyn Runs, that I was following until the author decided to move to Iowa City! In it, he was charting his attempt to run all of Brooklyn's paved streets, complete with photos and experiences. Ultimately, he got about half way.

I was reminded of that from the New York Times story today that says that Brooklyn is actually only 72 square miles, rather than than the 82 square miles listed. And of course, there's the requisite dig at Marty Markowitz.

"So Brooklyn is a little more svelte than we knew," said Marty Markowitz, the borough president, who is not.

3 comments:

Laura said...

That's a really, really cool goal. I'd love to attempt something similar, but I live in Manhattan which I think is a little too big for that challenge!

Anonymous said...

Manhattan is actually less than half the size of Brooklyn.

Laura said...

Wow, I had no idea! May have to figure out how feasible it is to try that.