Sunday, May 4, 2008

Other Bloggers' Thoughts on Brooklyn Half

So, let's see what the blogosphere has to say about yesterday's Brooklyn Half. Some snippets are below, as well as links to the blogs ... more as I locate them. And, as mentioned earlier, feel free to respond with your own comments.

From Timed Run: A Marathon Training Diary
The race horn sounded and, ready or not, I ran. I finished mile 1 at a quick yet relaxed 6:12 pace, but at mile 2 I felt two pinches in my stomach. Uh oh. ...

From rundangerously
The constant headwind on ocean parkway caught up to me by mile 9. after a pair of progressively slower miles, i ran my slowest mile, 8:04, on the hills in prospect park ...

From Triaspirational
... it was an enjoyable run, and it's quite something starting out like that on the Coney Island boardwalk. Very rattly/clanky boards when everyone's pounding along in an ambulant herd!

From Venerable Companions, Exemplary Campaign
We were feeling confident about the 2 hour goal but the park was the hilly part of the course and much more congested. I feel that one thing I do well running is holding a pace unless the hill is really big ...

From the Sound Shore Runners message board:
I had been expecting some tough hills, but my legs and breathing were feeling ok, and I actually caught up lost time towards the end, with 6:42 and 6:26 for the last two miles. Just as I was beginning to wonder where the finish line was, someone shouted "only another 45 seconds to the finish", which was probably the best thing I'd heard all day!

1 comment:

rundangerously said...

bklyn runner, so cool of you to post these links to bklyn half rr's!! thanks!!