Saturday, February 26, 2011

NYT Investigates Running in Williamsburg

Umm ... I think folk from North Brooklyn Runners probably have things to say about this article, particularly these paragraphs:

"Among the first things I noticed when I started running was how few other runners I saw. That’s probably because of how cold it is, how dark it is (I often run at night) and how much ice and snow mar the route. But it may also have something to do with Williamsburg being the ZIP code of choice for hipsters these days. Whatever else running may be, hip it is not.

Which ultimately could be one reason I like it so much. Of course it’s also possible that I’m simply hooked, or maybe even addicted to suffering (see: 12-degree days), no matter where running falls on the axis of cool."


No comments: