Friday, July 4, 2008

Go Forth on the Fourth

Sitting here, waiting for the Red Sox-Yankees to get out of rain delay (and wondering whether the raindrops in the Bronx will be hitting Brooklyn anytime soon), so time for a quick roundup:

-- I've added a few things to the blog, including a link to all the categories (I may go back and re-edit, given the number of single category items) that will make it easier to find things, such as Race Calendars. I may stick up a Web site with a permanent race calendar and links to results, so people (and myself) can more easily find things: More on this later.

-- I've also added a list of local-area blogs -- this is a work in progress, and I'll be adding more as I go back and figure out which ones should be added (so please, drop me a note in the interim).

-- Didn't make it over to Staten Island this morning for the 5-miler there. (Do I sleep, or do I race?) Sleep won out. I don't see results yet, but when they come, the Staten Island Running folk will be sure to have them.

-- The Men's 10K Olympic trials starts at 12:20 local time tonight, and will be broadcast on USA. Lots of runners with local ties (or appearances at local races), including Matt Downin, Abdi Abirahman, and of course, Meb (he gets single-name status). My solution to watching the 5K: setting the watch alarm and crashing on the couch, then trying to figure out what the heck I was doing up with only an hour of sleep. Thankfully, my young daughters have given me practice.

-- Hope folk were able to take advantage, and had a day off today: I'm doing a hard tempo run today, long distance on Saturday, and then a run in Prospect Park on Sunday (in, as in, not on the loop, but on the grass, trails, whatever). Happy grilling!

No comments: