Saturday, July 21, 2012

Brooklyn Running Is Back

Wow, I just realized that I've been on hiatus for two months, and incredibly spotty blogging before that.  

Ugh.

That's changing, in part because of a run I had this morning with a guy running his first marathon this fall (not coincidentally New York.)  This guy, K I shall call him, very fast, just started running a year and a half ago.  He's never run a full marathon, though has begun to map out his schedule over the next few months. We had a good talk, as he peppered me with questions about my experiences and we talked about training. Stuff that had been appearing on the blog.

So ... time to resurrect this thing, and see if I can help out folk in the coming months. As a way of reintroducing this, I'm going to focus on the following:

*Local Brooklyn runners and clubs
*New York-area races (tho for a pure calendar, please see NYC Runs) and results
*Running articles of interest
*Training ideas/running routes, etc.

There's going to be a fair amount of New York Marathon discussion going on - I will say, however, that my focus this fall will be on X/C races, so expect a fair amount of that as well (my next marathon hopefully will be Boston in 2013.)

So, welcome back. Hope I'm able to help :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome back!