Saturday, February 11, 2012

Brooklyn Half Registration *Not* on Monday

While most other NYRR races for April - June will open on Monday, the Brooklyn Half will not, according to a Facebook post from NYRR. And in fact the calendar (once you find it on the newly redesigned site) says that Brooklyn Half registration is "TBD"

Obviously things could change -- one plausible reason is that NYRR doesn't want to flood the site on that day (since most of us will be going just for that race.) The May 19 half is also a club points race, which means it's possible that members of clubs may get preference to enter? (That's just a guess though). Either way, stay vigilant.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried to register for the AHA Wall St run and the link was broken...I had to click "register" from another page to get me there...

Anonymous said...

So anyone know how fast BK 1/2 closed out last year? Will this like getting a ticket to Justin Biber concert? It would suck royally if I miss the sign-up. Up to 55mpw and hit over 60 last week. The first time I've been over 60 in like 22 years. I am putting all my marbles on this one race. Anyway to track when the registration opens? I think NYRR should at least announce the exact date & time to be fair to everyone.

Anonymous said...

I have been trying almost everyday to check registration for Brooklyn 1/2 online. I also called NYRR and was told they are not sure but when they know we will know. That was the answer. Oh well... will keep trying. Good luck